July 1, 2021 4:53 pm
1. No one likes ads. So let’s do something about it.
When Getty Images recently bought stock imagery wunderkind Unsplash, some people were less than happy. But could initiatives like this one show that a meeting of old and new businesses can pay off?
2. Is it really true that ‘no one can write in advertising agencies any more’?
In another meeting of old versus new – or maybe we should say experienced versus newcomers – is it true that agencies have lost their writing mojo?
3. Content marketing strategy vs. execution: Finding the ideal balance
What’s more important: strategy or execution? That’s a trick question. Heed this advice on getting the balance right.
4. Barbells vs. treadmills: A fresh take on content strategy
Continuing with content strategy: Janessa Lantz makes a good case for why the classic approach is dead. You need a content strategy barbell.
5. Hook, line, sinker: How to write an introduction
What’s your ‘attack sentence’? We love a good opening here and the folks at Animalz are kindred spirits.
6. 6 content calendar strategies that work better than waiting for inspiration
Calendaring sounds kinda boring, but it’s essential in any content marketing programme. We’re always on the lookout for ways of reenergising this process.
7. 5 tips for creating a successful call to action in your business emails
Similarly, the humble CTA (that’s ‘call to action’, not ‘Chicago Transit Authority’) is something you can always work on and improve. Here’s some Crowdfire advice for email CTAs.
8. Partnerships are the key to content marketing success in 2021 and beyond
We know the value of partnering and this piece looks at the benefits in general, and how influencer partnerships in particular might be what you need.
9. 12 common content marketing mistakes to avoid immediately
One approach to advisory content is to tell you what not to do. This is one of those pieces of content. But drink in the tips.
10. Is it time to join Clubhouse? 3 content marketers weigh in
Is this the year of Clubhouse? Has it already peaked? WTF is Clubhouse? All those questions are valid. The CMI asked three content marketers for their views.
11. 4 ways to balance under- and over-communication as a remote work manager
Finally, after being almost 100% remote for about five years, we like this piece of brand content from one of our favourite project management tools. What would you add?
Why 11 links? Because, at this precise moment, that’s how many members of staff we have in our in-house writing team. But we’re hiring.
Follow us on Twitter – @ColContent