September 27, 2018 11:09 am
- 5 lessons we learned from building 250 landing pages
We love this piece, not just as creators of hundreds of landing pages over the years (fist bump to fellow LP folks), but because of the sound advice and the way the piece is constructed.
- Content Marketing, The Remix: Delivering True Content Experiences At Scale
Big Thinking alert. It’s time to think about the whole content experience, argues Uberflip CMO Randy Frisch.
- Now You See It, Now You Don’t: What B2B Brands Can Do With Ephemeral Content
Ephemeral content – like Snapchat or Instagram Stories – is usually seen as a B2C thing. Contently open our B2B-centric eyes to some possibilities here.
- 3 Reasons Why Short-Form Copywriting Is Set to Become Your Next Superpower
Social media is one area where short-form skills rule. And it’s not the only one. (Want to talk landing pages again?) Although we’d also advise a mix, depending on context. Long-form is equally valuable, for lots of reasons.
- Symantec Wins at Content by Responding to Its Audience
Interesting and deep case study here from the CMI, not about one of our clients but from the type of company we work for a lot. We loved how the focus on the customer acted as a north star for that team’s content choices.
- 21 SaaS Content Marketing Examples
Sticking with a category we know well, this is quite the list – it’s specific, about 21 SaaS providers – and with lots of actionable info. Just as we’d expect from Feldman Creative.
- Content Strategy and Content Marketing – Not two peas in a pod
Not unusual to hear these two referred to interchangeably. Nice reminder here about how they’re different – though closely related – disciplines.
- Does your content generate ROI?
Content marketing and ROI – that old chestnut. But this is a simple option for working out if you’re getting a good return for all that time and money spent on content and its distribution
- 25 Content Marketing Platforms You Need to Know in 2018
Know your content marketing? Know these platforms. Bit of a refresher, this one.
- Everything You Need To Know About Ghostwriting (link no longer available)
As frequent ghostwriters, we’d argued this isn’t everything, but in the spirit of this quarter’s round-up, there is a lot of good advice here. Or just contact us.
- Your Editorial Calendar is Not Your Content Marketing Strategy
And finally, we’ve said the same thing (pretty much) ourselves, but Michele Linn does a good job here of emphasising that your calendar is one of many tactics to get all this right. While your strategy is, well, strategic.
And why 11 links? It’s our favourite prime number.
Follow us on Twitter – @ColContent