June 29, 2018 3:46 pm
- The best way to pitch a content marketing plan to your boss
We kick off with a story we saw back in April, but it’s among the biggest things you can do. Don’t forget that the whole idea of content marketing is still new to most people. So know the WHY as well as the HOW.
- 5 stellar examples of emotional storytelling in B2B marketing
We don’t always associate the B2B space with the same use of emotions and empathy as consumer marketing. Why not? Here are some examples you might not know, along with one or two classics.
- ‘Home run for us’: Inside Chase’s in-house agency
Believe it or not, we’re big fans of doing work in-house. It’s just that most can’t… or at least can’t do so as much as they’d like. Here’s a success story.
- 11 branded content masterminds who are elevating the art of marketing
Follow these people. Follow their work. Inspiring, eclectic stuff. (Bonus: Young Bjork! Double bonus: Rule of 11. Hey, where’d they learn that?!)
- How to be a copywriting genius: The brilliantly sneaky trick you must learn
Getting tactical for a moment, this isn’t about clickbait headlines. Think CTA – the humble ‘call to action’ – and always having a next step for your reader in mind.
- 5 journalistic tips for conducting better interviews
As we’re a bunch of ex-journalists ourselves, this Contently piece caught our eye. Journalists can be your not-so-secret weapon, but understand this isn’t about aggressive questioning and pork pie hats.
- 10 (mostly) quick wins to steal for your original research project
So much longform content is based on research, but what else can you do when you have unique and (hopefully) interesting data? This is a great breakdown by the Content Marketing Institute.
- Consulting firms are now a serious alternative in the eyes of more advertisers
How is the industry changing? It hasn’t taken long for Accenture, Deloitte, IBM and other big boys to punch their weight in an ecosystem once dominated by marketing agencies. Meaning what, for the rest of us?
- Travel content marketing 2018: Top trends + takeaways
Every quarter, we like to mention a specific vertical in this round-up. Travel has spawned more than one content marketing guru. And there’s a natural fit. What can we learn?
- Why you should ditch the idea of the perfect publishing time
We’ve long argued about this. Publishing online should always be about the group of people you’re trying to reach, not average numbers across whole populations. This, and more, in this must-read.
- The pie chart: Why data visualization’s greatest villain will never die
And finally, we thought we’d end on a pet hate of ours: a cliché of visual presentation. What other techniques can we use instead of the time-honoured pie chart? Well, quite a few, it turns out.
And why 11 links? Traditionally the shirt number of a tricky winger.