March 28, 2018 2:02 pm
- A Take on 3 Confusing Terms: Content Marketing, Content Strategy, Content Marketing Strategy
This is the kind of foundational piece that everyone in who works with commercial content should read. You’re welcome.
- Don’t be a stickler: Why good copy often means bad grammar
We like this because it comes back to something we say again and again – consistency is really important… but not as important as pragmatism. You can break the rules. It’s about what works.
- Are You a Curator or a Dumper?
In a quarterly curated article like this, how could we leave out this piece? It’s a savvy look at the difference between real curation and just going through the motions of link gathering.
- The One Thing That Can Make a Big Difference in Your Infographics
We’re still being asked about infographics like it’s 2013. This is a handy checklist for constructing them well. Clue: you need more than a great designer.
- How a Journalist Constructs an Article that Google Will Love
From an agency made up of ex journos, we’d always be partial to a piece that shows our methods. And this article does.
- The newsroom approach to brand storytelling
Sticking with following how the media goes about producing great content, here’s another piece about newsrooms, which brands are increasingly using, with staff writers, editor-in-chiefs and more.
- How United Airlines is taking more video content creation in-house
Those brands doing more content in-house? United is an example. This piece looks at the airline’s video output.
- Evergreen Content Case Study: Why Long Form Content Performs Infinitely Better on Google’s Search Engine
This is a comprehensive guide to long-form content that keeps on giving and giving. Suitably, it’s a long piece – but worth your time.
- How to Get Huge Fines for Using Images (Do THIS Instead) [link no longer available]
Before we wrap for this quarter, here’s a tactical piece on an overlooked subject (which is why we like sharing this). Use images the right way, which includes not getting into trouble over copyright.
- Five quick content opportunities for time-poor B2B marketers
As 2018 began, we liked this reminder of some useful tactics plenty of content marketers are neglecting.
- What Do CMOs Predict for 2018? [Infographic]
And finally, we began the year with some general CMO advice. But also dig the way this piece presents a vox pop in a neat infographic format.
And why 11 links? Our boss was born on the 11th.